Alterations & Repair
Most Venice cleaner's locations have a trained seamstress or tailor on staff. Whether you need an article hemmed, missing buttons replaced or full alterations, just ask at the counter next time you're in.
Rather than you having to bring in your cleaning, or letting it accumulate in the corner of your closet. Venice Home Delivery Service will pick up your order, then deliver your clean items back to you a few days later.
So, you can look great — without taking time out of your hectic day!
The process is simple.
Pick Up Day
The best way to keep a rug clean is to keep it from getting dirty in the first place. Removing outdoor shoes when entering the house (as people do in most rug-weaving countries) is a good idea if this accords with your lifestyle. Bare-foot or sock-foot traffic is much gentler to a rug than a hard outdoor-shoe sole (or spike heel), and leaving your outdoor shoes at the entrance to the house tracks in much less dirt.
Have your rug cleaned only when it really needs it. For rugs in some areas this will mean a yearly cleaning. Rugs in other areas can go several years and more without needing professional cleaning.
To judge how dirty a rug is, try one of these methods:
1. Pick up a corner of the rug and while holding it, kick the back of the rug sharply. If a cloud of dirt flies out of the pile, the rug is dirty and needs cleaning. NOTE: some dust and wool fibers are normal!
2. Kneel down on the rug and rub the pile vigorously with your hand in a short arc for 5 to 10 seconds. Look at your fingers and palm: if your hand is dirty, the rug needs cleaning.
3. With the pile facing UP fold part of the rug back upon itself so that the pile opens along a line of knots. Look down into the base of the pile at the foundation of the rug. If the warp and weft look dirty, there is dirt deep in the pile where a home vacuum cleaner cannot reach it. The rug needs cleaning.
Venice's curtain cleaning service will clean curtains to the highest possible standards. From specialists to take down and re-hang the curtains (if you wish) and a " No Shrinkage Guarantee "
We effectively eliminate the chances of:
Potential shrinkage or distortion.
Damage occurring to material or lining.
Stains incorrectly treated or not treated at all.
Significant color change during the process.
Alteration to the way they drape when re-hung.
Being left to take down and re-hang heavy sets of curtains.
Fire & water Damage Restoration
Clothing and textiles that are damaged in a fire require specialized processing to return them to their pre-loss condition. Venice Team licenses guarantee the removal of smoke odor, stains and other damage related to the loss. Should items not restore to their pre-loss condition, there is no charge for them.
- On site damage assessment
- Evaluation of restorability
- Odor control and elimination
- Smoke residue and soot removal
- Long-term, secure storage